Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Quickie... :D

Ok fine....quick as in fast, or...ok quick as in not a LONG post!  Sheesh, where was your mind at?
LOL forgive me, its blazing hot here and my brain is nearly fried.  None the less tho I wanted to make a post about what we did today!

On Pinterst...(You had to know that was coming!)  I saw a post about how to make butter in a baby food jar and we just had to try it.  Here is the link so that you can try for yourself if you wish.
http://pinterest.com/pin/256775616224910336/

A couple notes:  Make sure that as you are shaking you keep checking your jars.  We did have one jar that cracked at the bottom.  Just something to be cautious of, no one likes eating glass shards!   After getting our butter done we made one jar honey butter and the other garlic/parsley.  Both were heaven!  I had read on another post like this that they put in a dash of salt (and used nickels rather than marbles).  I was going to do that and then forgot, I didnt miss it tho since our flavorings were pretty awesome.  It was a great way to show Little Missy how a liquid can turn into a solid and it was just plain fun and yummy!

So if you are looking for a fun something that doesnt take forever give it a try and then eat the fruits or in this case the "butter" of your labor.

With that, I am off to eat more butter...I hear it calling my name.  Before I go here is a thought to ponder.


"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
— John Sawhill

No comments:

Post a Comment