Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A recycle/upgrade/organizing project!

While in the midst of this organizing rearranging cleaning project...I wanted to find a place for papers, cardstocks,etc.  These things were in different places and it was time to get them all together.  Years ago (talking like 13-14 years ago) I purchased this card board 4 drawer put it together yourself  small dresser.Over the years its been used in a variety of ways and rooms.  Most recently (with in the last 3 years) it was cut in half to make two smaller "dressers" with 2 drawers each.  I had to tape in a false bottom at that time to make it work, but once again it was in use.  Now however its time to do that again but wow, it's pretty worn looking.  Hmmm what to do?  Lets see.  No money to spend.  But I do have some left over contact paper from (again) years ago.  Lets see what I can do to these bad boys to make them a bit more presentable.   

This is one of the two that need done.  As you can see they have had better days.

Even tho they are beat up they still have some life in them!  I had two rolls of contact paper from a fathers day project years ago.  Both with a marble look to them.  I knew that I only had so much paper and made the decision not to cover the back or the bottom of each set.  Only minimal parts of the inside were done as well.

The finished product!  I have to say I am pretty pleased with the way they turned out.  :)

Close up Front (yes, I know more practice with lighting!)

Side view.

I really love the way they turned out, but now I have two other issues lol.  
First, I am afraid that my cardstocks and cards that I want to reuse are a bit too heavy for these drawers.
Second, the paper doesn't really match with the paint work that I did on my workbench (next post to show that)
So...I will be looking for another solution to organizing the papers but until then this is their home and I am absolutely positive that they will get good use no matter what I wind up using them for!

Garbage to gold.  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment