Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tea Please!

Happy Almost Turkey Day!

I thought I would take a minute and make a post today before being swallowed by all the Christmas boxes that I have out.  Wow, I always forget how many boxes there are.  I usually get started with the decorations around Thanksgiving, but since I am hosting my family Christmas this year I decided to start a couple days early.  I always pack away all of the "knick knacks" that I have (everywhere).   The one area I never have decorated is a china cabinet that I have in my kitchen.


This cabinet is one of the many things that made me fall in love with this house 17+ years ago.
I thought it would be nice this year to change things up.  This is where I had my teapots and I still love my them but I think next year they will be hanging off my fence at the back of the yard with flowers in them.  I am just ready for some changes!  I can still enjoy them out there and have this cabinet for other things too!

BUT, before I pack them away I thought that I would show you some of my little beauties.  This is not all of them as I have another box somewhere of others.  But these are the ones that I had on display.


These two sets came one from my Mom and one from my MIL.

A couple that I bought at a garage sales.

I love these mini ones!  The two really smalls are wood (actually ornaments from an Easter tree decoration that I have) and the Victorian Lady is glass and she opens at the waist.  The trivets are ones I made years ago.

The Red, white and blue one is from my sister and the roses set is another garage sale beauty.

I bought both of these sets (different places) new.  The brown set is one of my favorites 

I LOVE this white set!  Its another garage sale find, but the shape and design just caught my eye.
The other set is a teapot from my Mom and the cups are from my MIL.  The cups actually came from Japan with her when she married my FIL.

:o) 
In the spring when I dig out the other box of teapots I will post pics of those too, and hopefully pics of them with flowers and hanging on my fence!

A couple more quick pics.  When I was setting up my Fall Deco, I didn't do close up pictures of a couple things that I think a few of you might like to see.


This little witches hat I made out of tiny little brooms

This is my book pumpkin that I made last year...I made the back of mine flat so that it can rest against a wall.

This GORGEOUS needlepoint cornucopia my Mom made years ago.  I was thrilled to get to hang it up with my fall decorations this year.  She has such a talent!

This is the last thought I will leave you for today....
I made MANY and sold many of these over the years.
But I still believe it to be true!

That's it for me today.  I hope that you are all surrounded with Love, Family, Friends and good food tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels!
(and remember to RECYCLE those plates and tin pans!)





No comments:

Post a Comment