Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pinspiration: Snack Bandoliers

Hello world!

Thought I would post today what I just finished up this morning.  My Sister-in-law showed me a pin of some snack bandoliers and wanted to know if I would be willing to let her use my sewing machine (with a bit of help) to make them.  She doesn't sew a lot but has basic skills and just needed a little backup.  She mentioned a sewing machine that she has...but said something about it being in a closet waaaaaaay at the back.  LOL

Needless to say I jumped at the chance to spend time with her and to have a fun project to work on!  Especially one for little boys!  Being the Mom of girls, little boy things aren't something I have made for years.  When my nephews were little I made Halloween costumes for them and enjoyed every moment but that was 20+ years ago.

So I happened to have some great boy fabric that I offered up for her to use and we got started. We got a bit of a late start, and snow was moving in so we didn't quite finish them that day and I offered to finish them up this morning.  One more project completed!  Woot! I wont go thru all the steps as you can find them on the link I will provide.  We did do one thing differently, by adding some elastic to the bottom of them making them able to "grow" with the child.

We made two (for twin boys)

Little Missy was gracious enough to be my model
Pj's and all lol

As you can see the cars fit great and have room in the bottom for snacks!

This was a fun project and I would recommend it to anyone.
Now to get started on a girly one to give Little Missy for Christmas.
Ours will be the right size to hold Barbies and PINK!

Here is the link to the website with the instructions:


On a side note, I am so tickled to say that I have now 401 followers on Pinterest!  
I am not sure that I should be so excited but I am.
So many people that have the same interests is thrilling to me!

Thanks to all who stop to check out my corner of the world.
Until next time be safe in all you do, and hold good thoughts for those caught in that horrible weather this past weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment