Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Thursday Friends!

Today we have lovely sunshine and warm weather, looking for some storms later.  But for now its a wonderful summery feeling day.  I hope that where ever you are that you are having a day like we are.

I thought I would share some of what we have been up to the last few days.   Pinterest has been a great source of inspiration for me.  I have to say that every day I see something that sparks that crafting feeling in me.  I love it!

One of the things we did the other day was Raised Salt Painting.  Here is the Pin link:  http://pinterest.com/pin/256775616224566371/ 

We had a great time working on this.  My Little Miss had so much fun and really did very well with the whole project.  She needed a bit of help with the squeezing of the glue bottle and shaking off the salt but other than that she was golden.  We have a few pictures to share.

Supplies: Glue, Salt, Construction paper, colored water
We used food dye and water so simple.


 This was my picture

 Little Miss picture

Sissy was home and she did one too.
She is studying to be a teacher so it was a good project for her too!

We really did enjoy it.  I found that the qtips held enough liquid to drip it on the salt.  The hardest part for my Little Miss was learning to "dab" the qtip rather than try to paint with it lol.  We found that ours were a bit on the dry side, I think that we maybe didn't shake off enough of the salt.  None the less we had a blast!

I think next time we might plan ahead and have some clear spray paint or something to top it off.  Its pretty crumbly and I am afraid to move them lol.
************************************
A little quicky project I did while Little Miss was napping, was this simple keep em busy maze!

Here is a pic of ours:
Mine isn't as pretty as the one on Pinterest, but Little Miss LOVED it!  Tho she is still a bit confused how to use it and we are working on that lol.  She wants lots of marbles in there at one time.  I also used some smaller straws to section off a couple areas since our marbles are smaller (from the hungry hungry hippo game).

I love having something fun for her when she wakes up from a good nap...and this was a fun something to have.  I also let her "color" it with her markers.  She does love those markers!
************************************
Also thought I would show off the pretty orange tulips from my yard.  They were way too pretty to leave way out at the back of my yard to we snipped them and brought them in to enjoy!  The crocheted lace around the neck of the jar is the last bit that I have of what my Grandma did.  I love that it looks so perfect with our spring display.


Isn't that pretty?  I must say it makes me smile every time I look at it.
Thankfully the tulips bloomed just in time, since our lily of the valley was starting to poop out!
I am looking forward to the peonies and waiting for my lilacs to bloom too.
I love spring!~
************************************

So...coming up soon will be crochet/knitting post.  Have been relearning how to knit and have been enjoying it! Looking forward to sharing it with you.  
Thanks for stopping by and remember...
Recycle something today!


No comments:

Post a Comment